Below is the timeline for the development, testing and implementation of the Navy’s New Evaluation System
- 2016-2017 Timeframe: Current evaluation system NAVFIT 98 was coming up on it’s 20 year birthday, and the shortcomings, mainly the ability to game the system, were becoming widely known.
- November 2018 – The Navy released the first NAVADMIN on the Performance Evaluation Transformation
- November 2018 – Phase III of V phases Testing conducted
- Spring 2019 Time Frame – Continued Testing with phase IV and V
- Summer 2019 – The coaching portion of the new evaluation system will be released to the fleet.
- 2020-2021 Time Frame – Full implementation of the New Navy Eval System
This Navy Evaluation timeline will be updated as new information becomes available.